Every household should have a battery powered tire inflator. In our house we have some cars, some bikes, sports balls, pool toys. They all need air.
I recently purchased the Black and Decker 20V Lithium Cordless Multi Purpose Inflator.
There is a lot to like about this product.
- It uses standard 20V Lithium batteries that, which can be removed and inserted. They can be purchased cheap if you get third party brands from Amazon or your local hardware store.
- It also supports AC and DC power
- It will fill a car or bike tire, but also pool toys
- It's light and portable
- It has an easy to use PSI gauge - you set the desired PSI and auto shut off.
The item does not come with a battery or charger so I'd recommend the following (if you do no already have Black and Decker tools).
- Fast Charger - not necessary if you are ok with the standard slow charger.
- Battery with slow charger (this battery will also charge USB devices)
- Two pack of batteries
Note: it's cheaper to buy a drill and impact driver kit than stand alone chargers and batteries. Go figure. This is what I did. These are not the nicest / highest quality drills but for small household work they are just fine and it's nice to have one battery system for both.