Starting late last year I was scheduled to do a ton of international flying and decided to try out some new headphones. While I love my Bose QuietComfort 20i in-ear headphones I’ve grown tired of the dammed cord. It seemed that every time I got up from my seat the cord would strangle me.
A friend of mine had the new B&W PX headphones and raved about them so I decided to get them and try them out. After about 40,000 miles of flying I can safely say that they are fantastic.
There are some really nice features on these headphones:
- They automatically pause and resume when you take them on and off your head. This is great for meal ordering, drink ordering or otherwise interacting with another person
- They are comfortable - but not perfect. I find that they can get sore on the top of my head from the band after long bouts of wearing them
- They are USB-C for both playback and charging. Yay
- They have a nifty mobile app that lets you control them
- They have simple on-headphone controls for playback and volume
- They have very long battery life at 20 hours
They also look awesome. I have them in space gray. They come with a charging cable, case, and headphone cable for airplane movies.
I won’t speak to sound quality as this usually invites a bunch of subjective POVs. I am not an audiophile and value features and convenience.